Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chef D’oeuvre 2# -- Another Rainy Day

This is my first poem ever written. I wrote it out of boredom in a lonely evening (9.00 pm) and it was raining at that time, sending thunderbolts flashing periodically through the window. The inspiration of writing such poignant poem came from the absurd feeling I always have each time the heaven burst its watery blessings. Be it drizzles, mere showers, or thunderstorms, they never fail to imprint an inexplicable feeling of tranquility in me. Seeing that I had got nothing to do at that moment, I instinctively reached a blank paper nearby and soon enough I found myself staring at a jumble of words, which I must unassumingly call a poem. You must be wondering why did I apply to much dash sign in this poem? The answer is easy; I am one of the fans of noire writer, Emily Dickinson.
So I present you…my first poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment